It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 am

We're in the process of upgrading the Facebook Login feature so for time being use the old school login method. Don't stress, all your old chats are still here!
Login
Log me on automatically each visit 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply by: melbourneboi › Tue May 19, 2009 3:54 pm 
melbourneboi
Hey ive just moved to Melbourne and i wanna know if anyone out there knows a good kiwi shop around here?

Reply by: floralmask › Tue May 19, 2009 4:28 pm 
floralmask
Depends what you want? Are you talking about clothes, food.... ? There is a NZ cafe in Balaclava called Batch - owned by a NZ guy, selling NZ type food, wine, etc - very good...

There is the NZ shop 1280 Ferntree Gully Road, Scoresby - for general NZ items... www.thenewzealandshop.com.au

There are also NZ designers who sell clothing in Melbourne too...

Hope that is helpful.
Cheers

Reply by: doctasmith › Tue May 19, 2009 10:16 pm 
doctasmith
Hiya! I too am in Melbourne and have found the best place to go is in Werribee. It is called Just Kiwi and it is located at Unit 10, 33-39 Railway Ave, Werribee. Tel 9731-7000 web:www.justkiwi.com.au Took me a year to find, so hope this helps!!
Has all the goodies: Watties T Sauce, Onion Dip, L&P, Pineapple Lumps, Fresh Up (it's gotta be good for you), Sizzlers, Waikato Draught, Speights, Lion Red, Jet Planes, heaps of kiwi biscuits and chippies, selection of rugby clothing and kiwi clothing, CD's (small selection), calenders etc... hope you get the drift. One thing I recommend though, is if you are going down there to make a bit of an afternoon of it, either have lunce before you go or when you get home as there is not a loty of places to eat in Werribee and best to get out of there asap and go somewhere with decent restaurants/cafe/bars. Good luck!!

Reply by: kiakaha19 › Fri May 22, 2009 11:34 pm 
kiakaha19
There is a new shop that has just opened (last Saturday) called Kiwi Koncern at 711 High Street, Thornbury that has Feijoas, kiwi food, real whitebait, paua, kiwi clothes, toffee pops, buzz bars, milk bottles, jet planes, grain waves, raro etc. They are getting more stock in having just started and the lady there is lovely!!! Going in tomorrow to get my onion soup and reduced cream!!! She will try and get stuff ordered in for you if you ask.
Phone number is:(03) 9484 5523

There is also a stall at the Preston market that has chips and L&P.

Reply by: k1w1ch1ck › Thu May 28, 2009 10:17 am 
k1w1ch1ck
plenty of kiwi shops around
depends where you live
i know of 2 in dandenong
weribee
and sunshine!
YUMMY
the only thing they dont sell is big ben pies :(

Reply by: gin3064 › Fri May 29, 2009 9:56 am 
gin3064
Hiya - Werribee is most definitely THE BEST kiwi food shop in Melbourne, but if you're in the North you can go to Phil Mart @ Roxburgh Park town centre; The Kiwi food shop (that's what it's called) in Glenroy - behind Blockbuster; Jacana shops have a samoan food shop which has Biguns, Raro, milk biscuits, Grain Waves; oh and I just heard theres a shop around the back of Broadmeadows train station.
I don't know about the other suburbs but in the north, if you look at most of the asian shops you'll find good ol' kiwi food in them!
Good luck and hope Melbourne turns out to be everything you wanted.

Cheers

Reply by: rapidbloom › Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:37 pm 
rapidbloom
oh where in Sunshine?

Reply by: missmelb › Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:19 pm 
missmelb
There's a consignment store a bit like Recycle Boutique called MUFF at Queen Victoria Market and it's run by kiwis

Reply by: MadeinNZ › Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:37 pm 
MadeinNZ
Where in Dandenong? Plus do you know of any shops close to Frankston?

The IGA in Queen Street between Collins Street & Little Collins Street sells king size Perky Nanas, Pinkys and Pineapple lumps at the counter. Plus the petrol station crn GlenHuntly Rd & Nepean Hwy sells can's of L&P!

Reply by: buttaflygurl › Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:10 pm 
buttaflygurl
HI Guys!
I'm keen to find a kiwishop in cranbourne/frankston/dandynong/narre warren etc .... anywhere in the south east suburbs really, can anyone help me out?? I've been going stir crazy tryna find a kiwi-shop down here! Gold coast has heaps more, and that place isn't even as multi-culteral as melbourne!!

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  • 34 posts  • Page 1 of 4 Reply to topic

About Home Sweet As   .   Terms of Use   .   Privacy Policy   .   Feedback
Click Here